The people of Umudim, Umuezeala community in Ehime Mbano local council area of Imo State, have been thrown into serious agony, following the death of a six-month old baby girl in a mysterious fire that razed their family apartment. Confirming the ugly incident to Vanguard, the father of the dead baby, Mr. Clement Anthony, who also claimed to be a tenant in the burnt building, said he was yet to get to terms with what led to his baby’s death. He recalled that he went out with his wife to purchase drugs they wanted to administer on one of his children that was slightly sick. “Honestly, I cannot say exactly what ignited the fire. My wife and I, went to a nearby medicine store to buy some drugs for our sick child. We returned only to behold the fire disaster”, Anthony recounted with grief. According to the bereaved father, they saw four of their five children outside and looking helplessly at the burning building, adding that on inquiry, they were told that the last baby was still lying in one of the rooms. “I peeped through one of the holes on the door and noticed the raging flame. I went in through the window and not minding the huge flame, I rushed into the room where our baby girl was lying and brought her out, and handed her over to my wife”, the man lamented. Continuing, the man said that his wife quickly rushed the baby to a nearby hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the medical team in the establishment.Anthony said that although the family lost virtually everything they have labored for over the years, he however explained the loss of his baby remains the most painful. “My other four children could have been victims of the raging fire if not for the prompt intervention of the eldest amongst them, who is just eight years old”, Anthony said Share this:EmailFacebookTumblrLinkedInPrintGoogleTwitterPinterest Leave a Reply Cancel Reply Your email address will not be published.CommentName* Email* Website Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.